The Arundel booster club is rolling out its annual scholarship for Senior student-athletes at Arundel. Here is the link needed to apply for the scholarship: Arundel Athletic Booster Club- 2020_Athletic Scholarship
Please see below for details about this opportunity from the Athletic Booster Club:
“The Arundel Athletic Boosters will award two $1,000 scholarships and two $500 scholarships to four Arundel High School graduating senior student-athletes. Student-athletes must have participated in at least one sport during their senior year and the family must be a member of the boosters.
The purpose of the scholarship is to reward student-athletes for their participation and accomplishments in athletics, leadership skills, character, and service to the community. One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to both a female and male student-athlete and one $500 scholarship will be awarded to both a male and female student-athlete (for a total of four scholarships).
To apply for this scholarship:
- Applicant must be an Arundel High graduating senior
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2.5-grade point average after seven semesters and must exhibit good character
- Applicant must have donated time and/or talent in service to the community – volunteer work at school, church, assisted living center, charitable organization, etc.
- Applicant must be admitted to or planning to attend a 2-year or 4-year college or university in a degree program.
- Applicant must complete the Application, have a signature from a coach and write one essay (details below)
- A completed application must be returned to the Arundel Athletic Boosters email (firstname.lastname@example.org) No later than May 8th, 2020 by 5:00 pm.
All information is legible, correct, and verifiable and any applications after the due date will not be eligible for consideration.
- The Arundel Athletic Boosters Board of Directors will award scholarships based on the rubric provided in this packet. (Arundel Athletic Booster Club- Rubric for Scholarship 2020)